Sunday, September 19, 2004

9/19 weekend progress

Ain't weekends grand! I dropped the gas tank and pulled the radiator. Originally I had intended to take the fuel tank and have it cleaned but I think it's in good shape. I'm glad I dropped it though. There's the beginnings of a rust problem there and I plan to nip it in the bud. I'll take the radiator and have it cleaned, pressure tested and repaired as needed. Hopefully there are no leaks, but we'll see.

I also cut out most of the driver's side dogleg. If I have time this week, I'll do some more cutting and fine tuning in preparation for welding. I will also be rustproofing the rockers before they are made inaccessible by the new doglegs.

I still need to source some sheet metal for floor repairs. Some of the worst rust on the car is in the drivers side floor, but that should be a very simple fix. I'll take some pictures of the floor this week and post them as soon as they are developed.

No comments: