Friday, June 20, 2008

Update

Just a couple pictures to keep the blog alive. And some info on what I've been up to.

I realized there's no picture of the B after paint, so here it is. It's hard to photograph without it just looking like your average white car. It's not nearly as white as it looks. I've pasted in a picture of a Pepper White Mini to show the actual color. It gives it a very classic British look with the wire wheels.
















I sent my carburetors off on Wednesday for a rebuild. They'll be getting a full cleaning and polishing, new piston springs, metering needles and jets. The interconnecting linkage will be plated and new throttle shafts will be installed. I'm looking forward to getting them back.

Here's a picture of the engine bay before cleaning. It's really nasty and covered in several layers of grease and oil and road grime. I've scrubbed for several hours and it's still not clean. It's going to take some time. Also off to the right you can see the exhaust system that has been removed. I haven't decided what to do about that yet. I'll probably just reinstall it as is for now.














Other than that, I've been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning lately. The engine is almost ready for primer and paint. I picked up some Duplicolor Ford Dark Canyon Red at a local parts store last weekend. I test sprayed a spot against the old original MG engine red and it's a perfect match.


This is the goal I am shooting for. This, of course, is not my engine or car, but it's what mine will look like when complete. This, I believe, is a picture of an MGB engine built by Hap Waldrop of ACME Speed Shop fame. Pretty, huh?


No comments: